As a small service business or solopreneur, one of your biggest challenges is how to get more clients. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been in business for a while, you know that finding and attracting the right clients is key to your success. In this article, we’ll show you how to use a phased approach to turn your knowledge and skills into a profitable business with minimal overwhelm. We’ll explore how to understand your ideal client, create clear messaging that resonates with them, and how to use the marketing circle to attract, nurture, convert, and retain your ideal clients. By following these proven strategies, you can get more clients and grow your business.
Understand Your Ideal Client
The first step to getting more clients is to understand who your ideal client is. This is someone who values what you do and is willing to pay for it. To do this, you need to identify their needs, wants, and pain points. What are the problems they’re facing that you can solve? What are their goals and aspirations? Where do they hang out online and offline? By answering these questions, you can create a client persona that will guide your marketing efforts.
Create Clear Messaging
Once you know who your ideal client is, you need to create clear messaging that resonates with them. Your messaging should communicate the benefits of working with you and how your solution can solve their problem. It’s important to talk about your solution because you have two audiences to consider. Firstly, those who know what their problem is and are looking for the solution and secondly, those who know the solution they want but they don’t understand what the problem is. You messaging should be communicated on your website, social media, and other marketing materials. Use language that speaks directly to your ideal client and don’t be tempted to get clever, just be clear.
Understand the Marketing Circle
The marketing circle is a framework for attracting, nurturing, converting, and retaining your ideal clients. Let’s break it down:
- Attract: This is the first stage of the marketing circle. Here, you want to attract the attention of your ideal client.
- Nurture: Once you’ve attracted the attention of your ideal client, you want to nurture the relationship. This means providing value to build like, know and trust.
- Convert: The next stage is to convert your leads into paying clients. This means making an offer that they can’t refuse. You need to clearly communicate the benefits of working with you and success they will experience.
- Retain: You want to retain your clients so they work with you for longer. Most people value building relationships and having a loyal team- this applies whether your client is a consumer or another business.
- Raving Fan: Lastly you want your clients to become raving fans. This means delivering on your promises and providing exceptional customer service so that they then refer your next client to you.
If you’d like some examples of marketing tactics you can use to get more clients, we can help. We’ve simplified marketing so it’s easy to understand. Download my free resource GET BOOKED to find out more.